About Spellweaving and Inscription

Anything regarding UO or Age of Valor
Death

Post by Death »

This is a response to a question in the shoutbox, just it got a little lengthy so decided to make a post instead:

By original OSl design, spellweaving has many flaws and drawbacks:

- Need to complete a quest in order to even use and gain skill in spellweaving
- Need to complete a quest to get the last 2 spells (summon fiend and summon fey) which makes it difficult to sell spellweaving books.
- Need players to bump your arcane focus for spell power, which is difficult to do and coordinate

On AOV, we removed a lot of those requirements and limitations in favor of making it similar to other spell classes.

We can look into the ability to make spellweaving books and scrolls with inscription with some careful considerations as it's a special class of magic.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6523, old post ID:38133
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

Don't get me wrong, I know Spellweaving, getting and using it, getting the scrolls, is even worse on OSI. Which makes even less sense, aside from the fact that everything new they've done over the years tends to be painfully tedious and involved if only to keep players paying that $15/per month.

It can stay as is if it needs to, but I figured, much like the free spellbooks and rune books in Luna, maybe we should at least be able to CRAFT spellweaving books/copy scrolls, to ease entry into that school of magic for those who wish to use it. With this you still need to find a helpful scribe, but at least it's easier than the current situation.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6523, old post ID:38134
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.