The Colonel

Anything regarding UO or Age of Valor
ggkthx

The Colonel

Post by ggkthx »

I seem to vaguely remember mention of this but when I dug through work in progress and patch notes I couldn't find anything about it.

Was Colonel Sanders removed? Or does it just need to be re setup with the server restarting?

Could it be put back?
I don't think there was anything bad about it or "not-UO" like the issues with storm troopers and vader (which I never had any issue with but I also get where you're coming from with that.)
That was just a cool and unique spawn that was fun to do sometimes if we didn't feel like doing something else.

Also, I have a buccaneer script that would need little to no editing (depending on if you feel like they're currently equivalently powered to the storm troopers, though I didn't make a sith lord replacement of any sort yet) to replace storm troopers in your special buc's den (old vader) area and I was working on changing the vader script into a pirate king that was functionally similar but fit with UO better.
He still had two forms like vader did, summons buccaneers instead of storm troopers, yada yada.
Might even be a good 'boss' to give a chance to drop some of the nautical themed customs that AoV has/had.

Sorry, this probably should have been two separate posts, went off on a bit of a tangent there. :oops:

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6511, old post ID:38063
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
Death

The Colonel

Post by Death »

Colonel Sanders was a similar situation as Vader and the storm troopers. In keeping with the theme of UO, they felt out of place.

Similar to Vader, there's no objections to putting that back in with a more UO style look and feel as long as it's on par with other champion spawns and has its own general theme (Such as the elemental spawn or orc spawn).

In the meantime, the closest champs in comparison would be Barracoon and the orc spawn.

What was it that you liked most about the Sanders spawn that was different than the other champion spawns?

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6511, old post ID:38064
ggkthx

The Colonel

Post by ggkthx »

Location was nice and different, easy to get in and out of for everyone, especially new players who can run for it if raided, unlike at other spawns.

Also, easier, good for new players too. Comparable to coon, but probably easier. It was a little 'easter eggy' but I don't know how it didn't fit with UO, it was farm stuff and then harpies etc, and it was on a farm with a farmer champ. Aside from crazy horse and a custom cow I think? which are AoV customs as far as I know, all the mobs are UO mobs.
I just think having it was awesome, it was a little bit amusing, and different.
We probably did coons faster and we would go ages sometimes without doing a sanders but every once in awhiile we would do a bunch of them until that got boring and then back to coon or something else depending on who was around.

We're talking sci-stuff from the Star Wars franchise vs a farmer on a farm. I mean sure, his name, but thats just a bit of an easter egg (hehe egg) I'd say which most games have in them anyway in some amount.
IIRC, his custom drops were amusing but not really even usable imo, so its not like it was overpowered. And it was nice that the area was used for something, go up there now and its just empty and sad, even though there's nothing missing but the champ idol. Just knowing its useless empty fields now bums me out.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6511, old post ID:38065
Death

The Colonel

Post by Death »

Okay, I'll see what I can do about that.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6511, old post ID:38066
Red Squirrel

The Colonel

Post by Red Squirrel »

I still say the two piece combo was the best artifact name ever. :P I personally would not mind to bring it back, it was rather humurous, maybe not quite UO related but not that over the top either.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6511, old post ID:38068
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
ggkthx

The Colonel

Post by ggkthx »

Yeah, that was pretty good. :)

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6511, old post ID:38070
Death

The Colonel

Post by Death »

Red Squirrel wrote:I still say the two piece combo was the best artifact name ever. :P I personally would not mind to bring it back, it was rather humurous, maybe not quite UO related but not that over the top either.
I still remember the day i saw that artifact and just laughed at the genius name it was given.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6511, old post ID:38071
DOCTOR THUNDER

The Colonel

Post by DOCTOR THUNDER »

IIRC, wasn't there an issue with AOA drops in the Sanders spawn? I remember working that spawn till the last tier, then with a little creativity you could collect AOAs all afternoon. PM me if you need more info.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6511, old post ID:38073
The polite PK.Image
ggkthx

The Colonel

Post by ggkthx »

Never seen or heard that as an issue, but I've also never tried.to do anything with that spawn other than complete it. Didn't really ever think about getting aoas outside of dungeons actually.
I do know that in all the years I played on valor (which doesn't include the first 3 or so?) no one I know has ever farmed that spawn like you describe nor have I ever seen anyone else doing it. That said, if it's an issue, it's an issue. I do feel like the same thing could be done with any other spawn also though no? Working as intended?
If anything needs to be addressed I hope It can be addressed without removing the spawn. After all, it was there for ages and was never a problem before and only got axed for lore reasons like other things did at the same time.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6511, old post ID:38074
DOCTOR THUNDER

The Colonel

Post by DOCTOR THUNDER »

I think the issue was corrected, but it was a long time ago so I might be mistaken. It was extremely easy to mass farm AOAs off that spawn though. I liked doing the Sanders spawn, I still have a skull of grease somewhere(hopefully, unless I lost a house.) Half of the challenge was getting the spawn to come to you on the first two tiers.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6511, old post ID:38075
The polite PK.Image
ggkthx

The Colonel

Post by ggkthx »

Heh, yeah. Sanders was our go to 'we want to spawn but we don't want to think about it' when we had 3 or 4 people who just wanted to hang out on Teamspeak and goof around but also wanted to sort of accomplish something. :)

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6511, old post ID:38076