Removing 1-5 timer between craft quests

This is where you can make suggestions or report bugs that you've found
d.

Post by d. »

I have never seen the point to the delay timer. When you turn in bods you have completed you can get another instantly on others servers. So why is there a delay after doing crafting quests on here? I think the delay timer should be totally removed.

Also, why do smiths give iron ingot quests when they sell iron ingots. They obviously don't have a supply issue like the quest implies.....

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6341, old post ID:37328
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

Hmm I can't recall why I did add a delay, but yeah I can probably look at removing it.

As for the iron ingots, they still have some, but they're just running low and need to restock.

Though in reality they do have unlimited supply... lol

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6341, old post ID:37329
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Death

Post by Death »

d. wrote:I have never seen the point to the delay timer. When you turn in bods you have completed you can get another instantly on others servers. So why is there a delay after doing crafting quests on here? I think the delay timer should be totally removed.
The delay timer can probably be removed. A random timer is usually used to deter scripters but have no evidence that it actually works. Either way there's other methods in place to deter them anyways.
Also, why do smiths give iron ingot quests when they sell iron ingots. They obviously don't have a supply issue like the quest implies.....
They got into my cider cache again. Crafty metal smiths keep making lockpicks with all that ingot.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6341, old post ID:37330
The Dr Thunder

Post by The Dr Thunder »

I agree with d, the iron ingot quests seem worthless unless you are looking for the lower end rewards like Gargoyle pickaxes. Perhaps to make them worthwhile they could give a small colored ingot bod as part of the reward. At least it would give somewhat better of a reward. Or maybe I am the only one who still collects and fills the large bods...

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6341, old post ID:37334
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

If those smiths didn't ask for iron BODs what would they EVER be used for?
In getting say a few thousand colored ingots I end up with hundreds of thousands of iron. I'm happy to sell them to the stupid vendor in the form of a quest. Though I wish they'd offer slightly more gold for them or something, would rather see that than have them removed. All for getting rid of the delay though. If I've got ingots/wood etc to burn, let me burn them.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6341, old post ID:37336
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

Actually it was always my intention to go through those quests again and revise the rewards/chances. I'm hoping to do that in the near future so there are more rewards, and even low end quests could perhaps give some decent rewards, just lower chance.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6341, old post ID:37340
Death

Post by Death »

Red Squirrel wrote:Actually it was always my intention to go through those quests again and revise the rewards/chances. I'm hoping to do that in the near future so there are more rewards, and even low end quests could perhaps give some decent rewards, just lower chance.
Those quests can probably be converted over to the new ML quest system now. Just need to create an obtain requirement with a certain crafted material. That way all players would need to do is craft and tag the quest items. The quest details would always be available in their paperdoll quest gump.

It would also be beneficial as you could list what potential rewards they could get in the reward listing.

Just create a new type of NPC for each craft type (blacksmith, tailoring), that would appear in non-ml towns. They would offer the same basic craft quest for that type so you would just need to craft and return it to the original quest NPC.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6341, old post ID:37341
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

That is a whole separate project on it's own. But I was thinking more as a temp thing.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6341, old post ID:37348
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

The sooner that delay is gone the better. Every time I decide to do a couple of any crafting quest I can't manage to get through more than 2 or 3 before I get sick of having to sit and do nothing/something else in between.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6341, old post ID:37355
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
d.

Post by d. »

ggkthx wrote:The sooner that delay is gone the better. Every time I decide to do a couple of any crafting quest I can't manage to get through more than 2 or 3 before I get sick of having to sit and do nothing/something else in between.
Yeah. It ends up just making me waste a bunch of time. Really boring just waiting for the timer to be up.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6341, old post ID:37356
Shanks

Post by Shanks »

necroing this thread, Would love to see the timer removed. :)

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6341, old post ID:38355
Death

Post by Death »

Shanks wrote:necroing this thread, Would love to see the timer removed. :)
It's on the list for the next update.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6341, old post ID:38367
Shanks

Post by Shanks »

Awesome!

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6341, old post ID:38368