TC1 FEEDBACK: Demon Pillar Puzzles

Information on new updates to the shard as well as what's to come
Death

Post by Death »

We encourage players to give us feedback and discuss the following changes on the Test Centre 1 server:

- Demon pillar puzzles. There is a gate in the gate room on tc1 to a new puzzle prototype. You can try them out and provide feedback for them here.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5906, old post ID:35671
Death

Post by Death »

Death wrote:We encourage players to give us feedback and discuss the following changes on the Test Centre 1 server:

- Demon pillar puzzles. There is a gate in the gate room on tc1 to a new puzzle prototype. You can try them out and provide feedback for them here.
Has anyone tried these yet? If so please provide feedback on your experience. You may also suggest any additions you would like to see such as

- Added ideas to improve the actual puzzle
- Prizes you would like to see (We hope to have unique prizes drop for these)
- Any other ideas you wish to contribute

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5906, old post ID:35861
Nexus Graveheart

Post by Nexus Graveheart »

I tried out a couple of these today. They are a cool idea, and could be expanded to include other kinds of puzzles. Personally, I don't like "Lights Out" style puzzles, but that is just me. You could make it so that people could get hints determined by the level of a skill. (I'm thinking Focus or Meditation) The same way that lockpicking gives a picker help on the Khaldun puzzle chests.

I like that the pillar crumbles into a pile of shadow iron ore. That is a cool little extra. Perhaps there is a chance that a shard of the blaze pillar could survive the conflagration, to be used as a weapon, or perhaps it could be combined with other shards that would eventually form into an item, like the obsidian statues from the Collector's Quest.

As far as unique rewards though, I'm a bit hazy on. Gems is a good base, considering the puzzle. Perhaps add to it some mining gems. Some things could have tags unique to the player. For instance, Player X finishes a puzzle and gets a banner as a reward that mentions the player's name, and perhaps some adjectives describing where he solved the puzzle along with stuff about him based on stat/skill levels, titles, karma and fame, etc, etc.

A blaze helmet could be cool. Or a polearm weapon. However, I would go more decorative than equipment. We have a huge amount of equipable artifacts as it is. It could drop various rock and boulder graphics with a variety of earthy hues. New seed types that are either new plants or new hues that can't be crossed (Like the magenta, blaze, etc ones) Books containing lore about AoV. Wall sconces.

There are a whole lot of graphics out there that players cannot obtain, so a lot of that could be used, either just as they are or with an AoV spin on it. I think it would be nice if the puzzles had a large number of possible drops with largely different chances of something dropping. It would be cool to have done hundreds of them and all of the sudden get a reward you have never seen before.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5906, old post ID:35901
Death

Post by Death »

Nexus Graveheart wrote:I tried out a couple of these today. They are a cool idea, and could be expanded to include other kinds of puzzles.
Hoping to introduce a new puzzle that is unique to all dungeons. Currently compiling a list of puzzle ideas as well as some prototypes.

Here's 2 other puzzles that I may start coding soon:

If players know of any other type of puzzle they would like to see, we can look into it and how difficult it would be to code on AOV.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5906, old post ID:35906