proposed changes - bod system and NPC vendors

This is where you can make suggestions or report bugs that you've found
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

First, bods.

I'm thinking of making it so bod delay is 10 minutes. This prevents from having to make "bod runners" and fill tons of reset bods - people make extra accounts just for this and it just gets ridiculous to spend that much time on that when you can actually be playing the game. Instead, sit there for periods of 10 minutes and throw out the useless bods and wait it out. I'd also make it so the required skill is higher, like 90 of that crafting skill.

NPC vendors
There's lot of ways to farm gold simply by buying a resource from an NPC, doing something to it, then selling it back. This puts crazy amounts of gold in the game and inflates the economy.

So I would either disable selling to vendors, or, make it so only young players can sell, as this can be a good way for starters to make some cash by selling loot and such.

Another option is to simply make sure the price system can't be exploited but this would be much more involved. Could also simply remove ability for player to sell resources.

I'd like to get everyone's opinion on this before I go ahead with it.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:8, old post ID:8
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
EKiN

Post by EKiN »

Red Squirrel wrote:First, bods.

I'm thinking of making it so bod delay is 10 minutes. This prevents from having to make "bod runners" and fill tons of reset bods - people make extra accounts just for this and it just gets ridiculous to spend that much time on that when you can actually be playing the game. Instead, sit there for periods of 10 minutes and throw out the useless bods and wait it out. I'd also make it so the required skill is higher, like 90 of that crafting skill.
am i making a nice test subject? :wink:

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:8, old post ID:14
EKiN
Lymus

Post by Lymus »

Well, the Vendors should sell items such as Arrows in larger amounts. Since we lack very many arrow vendors, we need to have them.

Or an Arrow Stone, like the reg stone ;)

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:8, old post ID:17
If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime.
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah was also thinking of making it at like 100 by default, and decreasing the restock timer, and making them go above 999 assuming thats not a technical limitation (which I think it is - may not fit 4 digit numbers on that gump)

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:8, old post ID:21
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Lymus

Post by Lymus »

That'd be really nice, then I could get Lymus to actually kill some shit 8D

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:8, old post ID:24
If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime.