base hit chance

This is where you can make suggestions or report bugs that you've found
Red Squirrel

base hit chance

Post by Red Squirrel »

Ok, anyone who plays a dexxer knows how annoying it is to always miss... even with 120 skill and 45 hci, your actual hit chance is like maybe 70%, or even lower depending on the target's skill and DCI.

So what I'm thinking of doing is simply tweaking the hit chance script to higher hit chance globally. I'll simply add like 20% bonus to the base formula, so at least a dexxer with only gm skill and very low hci, will still be usable. I'll make the bonus more effective in pvm then pvp but it will affect pvp as well.

Also I was thinking of simply making it so DCI works only for parry (chance to parry) but think I will keep it as it is but simply make base hit chance better.

Another option is basing this bonus on hunger level. It seems eating helps a bit already, but I can't find anywhere in the code where hunger level is considered, so think this is more of a theory then reality. But to make hunger level useful, I could make this part of the bonus.

Before I go ahead with changes like this I want to see what everyone thinks.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:30, old post ID:106
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Lymus

base hit chance

Post by Lymus »

I kinda think that will reduce the value of them, (DCI items) but it wouldn't change a Samurai too much. It's just that a highly defensive character in PvP like me seems to be getting the bigger hit in it. They can still hti us, but we now have less of a chance to miss.

The hunger idea sounds good, and is a obsolute requirement for Archers. The issue with the Dexer thing is Archers. We need to be dexxers, no way around it. You might wanna try coding that only for melee.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:30, old post ID:107
If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime.
Red Squirrel

base hit chance

Post by Red Squirrel »

What I can also do is make DCI increase parry chance too, so it would not totally nerf defense, but it would require a skill or two to be more effective

It seems melee misses just as much as archery so its probably best to add the bonus to both (and not sure if I can seperate them tbh - its all in baseweapon.cs).

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:30, old post ID:112
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!