I was bored

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Red Squirrel

I was bored

Post by Red Squirrel »

Going through this site, affiliate list, etc, and I just can't believe how old some of the pages and stuff is and it brings back some nostalgia. It's sad to see that half the affiliates in the list do not exist anymore.

Crazy to think I started this site when I was in high school. It has not changed much since, I've gone through college, graduated in 2007 and been working since. This site is still alive, it's dead as far as traffic goes, but it's still online, and more or less operational. I think it's incredible, really.

To think, when I first made this site I was thinking of how I can't wait to be older and be in the real world, and be an adult. I had to borrow my mom's credit card to register this domain since I was too young to own a credit card. Now I have a good job, own a house, and I'm at the stage I really could not wait to be at. It feels great to be at the stage in life that I dreamed to be in. Do I miss certain aspects of my childhood? Sure, but I think nothing beats the freedom of being an adult with a good paying job and a house.

I'm actually on night shift now. :lol: I work at the local telco CO at the NOC. Fairly quiet night. I got a custom script running to do some end of night routines to clear DMS 10 PED minor alarms. I used to do this manually. Glad I found a way to automate it! It's fun to watch it go, and see the alarm bubbles in the Ontario map vanish one by one.

Just checked and I registered this domain in 2003. It's actually been 10 years. In fact, it will be 10 years in April, imagine that. I need to make this site have a come back for it's 10th anniversary. Though technically Iceteks itself has been around a bit longer already as I ran it off a server in my basement with a "dynu" hostname for a while. Oh the memories! lol. I think I still have a pic of the server setup somewhere, I should find it and post it.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5544, old post ID:40260
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
rovingcowboy

I was bored

Post by rovingcowboy »

that long ago? wow seems like umm? THAT LONG AGO :P

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5544, old post ID:40262
roving cowboy/ keith
MikeDB

I was bored

Post by MikeDB »

Yeah, it sure has been a while eh?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5544, old post ID:40263
Red Squirrel

I was bored

Post by Red Squirrel »

For some more fun:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.iceteks.com

Totally retro! Try the earliest one.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030409132651/...ww.iceteks.com/

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5544, old post ID:40265
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!