nerfing

This is where you can make suggestions or report bugs that you've found
Lumpy Pickle

nerfing

Post by Lumpy Pickle »

any chance you will nerf stuff to grow population
with so few people playing right now its hard to do much so lower things until the population grows

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6518, old post ID:38109
Death

nerfing

Post by Death »

You'd have to be more specific on what needs nerfing. You mean like bosses and mobiles? If so thats already planned for peerless and champ spawns so that they can be done by smaller groups

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6518, old post ID:38110
DOCTOR THUNDER

nerfing

Post by DOCTOR THUNDER »

Are new people joining Valor? It would be intimidating to start Valor because of how different it is from the UO they are used to.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6518, old post ID:38111
The polite PK.Image
Lumpy Pickle

nerfing

Post by Lumpy Pickle »

i think one of the big things is tamers getting agroed while pet is killing the mob they are to agressive on tamers makes vet a useless skill except for ressing the pet

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6518, old post ID:38113
Death

nerfing

Post by Death »

Lumpy Pickle wrote:i think one of the big things is tamers getting agroed while pet is killing the mob they are to agressive on tamers makes vet a useless skill except for ressing the pet
Okay, we'll take a look at that as there's code that will periodically switch target aggro to another target so maybe needs to be looked at and reduced on tamers using vet. I agree that it makes vet hard to use and there should be more incentive to healing your pet close range with bandages and vet skill.

However, keep in mind that some mobs have abilities such as area attacks or retarget on movement which can cause the monster to switch targets (Such as paragons and possibly supremes).

Anyways, we'll see what we can do about tweaking the code and the retargeting so it's more viable for tamers.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6518, old post ID:38114
ggkthx

nerfing

Post by ggkthx »

Do think things were made overly hard on tamers. I mean, I could live with it but a lot of people fall back on a tamer when they don't know what else to do and they would potentially get wrecked here.
My main, at least starting out, on other shards was often a tamer, but here I barely ever play the 2 I have.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6518, old post ID:38115
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
Red Squirrel

nerfing

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah I can definitely look at that. I recall at one point tamers were overly powerful but think now they may be disadvantaged as there was lot of nerfs added on top of nerfs. Lot of this stuff was also added when we had some pets that were ridiculously powerful and we toned that down afterwards.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6518, old post ID:38117
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
dprantl

nerfing

Post by dprantl »

Just because I could solo almost anything with Altar doesn't mean you had to nerf it for everyone else :P

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6518, old post ID:38152
ggkthx

nerfing

Post by ggkthx »

Death wrote:You'd have to be more specific on what needs nerfing. You mean like bosses and mobiles? If so thats already planned for peerless and champ spawns so that they can be done by smaller groups
*cough* Oaks *cough*

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6518, old post ID:38334
Death

nerfing

Post by Death »

ggkthx wrote:
Death wrote:You'd have to be more specific on what needs nerfing. You mean like bosses and mobiles? If so thats already planned for peerless and champ spawns so that they can be done by smaller groups
*cough* Oaks *cough*
Ya Oaks actually doesnt work correctly because of the ai alignment. Most stuff isnt supposed to aggro you unless you have low karma. Also, a lot of mobs should be neutral karma but currently give you a loss when killed (wisps i believe). So there's definitely something to be done about that champ.

I will be revising champ spawns to bring in stuff that's missing such as the transcedence scroll drops and the champ artifact replicas. Also turning down the time limit the candles reset so that it isnt as big of a time constraint and a person with enough dedication can summon the champ.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6518, old post ID:38335
ggkthx

nerfing

Post by ggkthx »

The time limit was the only problem we ever experienced with Oaks.
We'd move it along np and then in the 4th level it kept resetting no matter what we did. And this was with chars that could 1 or 2 man most any Champ. Oaks always was a karma suck but thats fine, working as intended was my understanding.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6518, old post ID:38345
Death

nerfing

Post by Death »

ggkthx wrote:The time limit was the only problem we ever experienced with Oaks.
We'd move it along np and then in the 4th level it kept resetting no matter what we did. And this was with chars that could 1 or 2 man most any Champ. Oaks always was a karma suck but thats fine, working as intended was my understanding.
I will be changing the reset to 1 hour instead of 10 minutes in a future update which should make things a lot more manageable and allow players to pick up a champ and finish it. With enough dedication players can finish the champs but they are still a challenge depending on which spawn you do.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6518, old post ID:38348
Shanks

nerfing

Post by Shanks »

I would LOVE to see that 10m change to 1hr or something on oaks. I could actually finish one for once.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6518, old post ID:38358