Peerless Keys

This is where you can make suggestions or report bugs that you've found
ggkthx

Peerless Keys

Post by ggkthx »

I have a simple request to improve gameplay, at least for me and those in a similar situation. Could the timer on peerless keys be removed or at least made so that it doesn't count down if you're logged out?

When I started playing UO I was a student and then working part time so plenty of time could be spent on UO if I wanted. Now however, I'm an adult with a full time job and two kids so my UO time is a little more precious not to mention sporadic. I'm sure others have similar issues.
If we were able to gather the peerless key when we had time but then actually do it some other time that would make it SO much easier to do if we wanted. I think I've done like 4 peerless ever on AoV because I so rarely have the time to devote to do it or the people who I want to do it with aren't on when I do have time.

I don't see a downside to this change, except maybe it's a little easier for people to do them, but people being able to PLAY the game instead of just log in, wonder what to do and log out cuz they can't think of anything or don't have time for what they'd like to do seems good right?

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6512, old post ID:38077
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
Death

Peerless Keys

Post by Death »

ggkthx wrote:I have a simple request to improve gameplay, at least for me and those in a similar situation. Could the timer on peerless keys be removed or at least made so that it doesn't count down if you're logged out?

When I started playing UO I was a student and then working part time so plenty of time could be spent on UO if I wanted. Now however, I'm an adult with a full time job and two kids so my UO time is a little more precious not to mention sporadic. I'm sure others have similar issues.
If we were able to gather the peerless key when we had time but then actually do it some other time that would make it SO much easier to do if we wanted. I think I've done like 4 peerless ever on AoV because I so rarely have the time to devote to do it or the people who I want to do it with aren't on when I do have time.

I don't see a downside to this change, except maybe it's a little easier for people to do them, but people being able to PLAY the game instead of just log in, wonder what to do and log out cuz they can't think of anything or don't have time for what they'd like to do seems good right?
Ideally, Red and I would like to make peerless instanced which would remove the need for key timers altogether. This would allow anyone to fight a peerless boss without having to wait if somebody already secured the instance....it would be tied to the master key set and would be unique for each set.

As it's difficult to get enough players to run a peerless, we can set the key timers to 7 days until we can take a look at instancing. Once we've looked into that, we can see towards removing the timers entirely from the master key sets.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6512, old post ID:38078
ggkthx

Peerless Keys

Post by ggkthx »

That seems quite reasonable. Thanks! :)

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6512, old post ID:38079
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.