Dat nostalgia!

Anything regarding UO or Age of Valor
Death

Dat nostalgia!

Post by Death »

I see some old players creeping about on the forums. Nice to hear that AOV left such an impact on you that there's been interest in working on a Valor clone.

That being said, I don't believe we ever had a thread for best memories or the things that players remember and really enjoyed, so here it is!

Post your memories, hillarious moments and others here.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6483, old post ID:37931
Death

Dat nostalgia!

Post by Death »

I remember when we first introduced parrots into the game. We didn't know what to expect from OSI parrots so we just kind of made em up as we went along.

I started coding them to randomly record what people said (Up to 10 things could be stored in the parrots). This was unique to valor, having parrots shout out different words and phrases at random. This made for some hilarious outcomes.

We were testing them out one day, shouting obscenities and other words to check that the recording and randomization was working as intended.

As was inevitable while testing, out breaks the 'admin duel' where Red and I would start casting custom flashy spells at each other. I break out the death spell, causing red to KO right in front of the parrot, who shouts out 'NOOBSAUCE' at the perfect moment.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6483, old post ID:37932
Red Squirrel

Dat nostalgia!

Post by Red Squirrel »

I'd have to dig deeper, but found a fun one. [global kill on TC1.

Typically this was started off as "watch this" followed by a 20 minute server freeze.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6483, old post ID:37933
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Red Squirrel

Dat nostalgia!

Post by Red Squirrel »

Death wrote:I remember when we first introduced parrots into the game. We didn't know what to expect from OSI parrots so we just kind of made em up as we went along.

I started coding them to randomly record what people said (Up to 10 things could be stored in the parrots). This was unique to valor, having parrots shout out different words and phrases at random. This made for some hilarious outcomes.

We were testing them out one day, shouting obscenities and other words to check that the recording and randomization was working as intended.

As was inevitable while testing, out breaks the 'admin duel' where Red and I would start casting custom flashy spells at each other. I break out the death spell, causing red to KO right in front of the parrot, who shouts out 'NOOBSAUCE' at the perfect moment.
LOL yep I remember that. Many fun times were had as admins. :P

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6483, old post ID:37934
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!