What can we expect in 2012?

Anything regarding UO or Age of Valor
Blackadder

Post by Blackadder »

This is not a moan, whinge or gripe thread, i just wondered what changes and additions we can expect to see this year.......
I like this server but i noticed it is ranked 75th in one of the freeshard websites.....Would be nice to have something to shout about and get some more players here.....
I love the way you can have a playable char in a few hours with a bit of thought on this server, thats what the game is about......

I also fully understand that Red and others have lives outside of this game, but on the flipside the server has been going for some years so there must be a spark of interest there....

I am willing to help out where possible, i suppose all i can offer is testing....i am happy to spend a few nights of gameplay on test server to see if i can break anything you do....

Doom: quite an important part of the game, and i'm not sure how/why it suddenly became broken and needs a complete rewrite.....
But if theres anything we can do to help then just ask....

Summons: have EV's been fixed? or are they still weak, seems to have gone quiet on that front unless i missed something.....

Can you emulate the changes that have been made to "Shame" on osi shards or would that have too much affect on other things on this server?

Loot: I have noticed the loot bags for new monsters that you have added are 10x better than the older osi monsters loot bags....
Turkeys and the monsters at the beginning of the halloween event were proof of this...
So can whatever code you used for these monsters be ported into the entire monster range?

Luck: I am either just an unlucky player or luck is more random than the most random RNG.....
With me it seems the more luck i wear, the poorer the loot becomes.....

No doubt others will add their ideas too.....
Maybe take a poll on what needs to be added/fixed in order......

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6392, old post ID:37584
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

We have already started compiling a list and will post it soon. Keep in mind that we have both been working on the shard for over 5 years straight. I cannot guarantee that we wont be taking a break at some point and doing something else for a while, and resume later.

I really need to start considering of what could happen if I potentially got laid off. I need to come up with a project that can actually bring an income. My company is slowly losing some of it's function to the company that bought us out. It's a matter of time till my department is one of the victims. The good news is, in this department I will have lot of time to myself due to shift work once I start that, so that means more time for the shard.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6392, old post ID:37585
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Blackadder

Post by Blackadder »

When you say taking a break, do you mean shutting the server down?
Or just playing and not coding...?
I appreciate all you do and realise how much time it must take.....but if theres anything we can do then just ask....

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6392, old post ID:37587
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

No plans to ever shut down, but by a break I mean to stop coding for a bit. Like we'll still fix stuff that needs immediate attention, but I don't want to promise anything big. Of course we may still release new stuff. At this point there's no official plans yet on what we'll work on first. There is an endless amount of stuff to code still, so we just need to prioritize what's the most important.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6392, old post ID:37588
Death

Post by Death »

Blackadder wrote: Doom: quite an important part of the game, and i'm not sure how/why it suddenly became broken and needs a complete rewrite.....
But if theres anything we can do to help then just ask....
Most likely a recent implementation has caused unexpected results with the doom spawner system. While taking a look at things, Red found it was in need of updating to be more expandable (also pairs with changes I have been planning for the future). For the time being that does mean that the gauntlet is lacking, but in the long run it can mean new types of spawn system for the future.
Blackadder wrote: Summons: have EV's been fixed? or are they still weak, seems to have gone quiet on that front unless i missed something.....
We are still researching this bug as well as other most recent bugs. Red has begun fixing many of the bugs, this one is also on the list. No ETA on this as we need to first figure out what would cause summons to take more damage and lose health more rapidly.

If players notice anything or can provide any possible scenarios to help pinpoint this issue, that will help us determine the root cause and find an appropriate solution.
Blackadder wrote: Can you emulate the changes that have been made to "Shame" on osi shards or would that have too much affect on other things on this server?
One of the things I personally would like to do in the near future, is revamp dungeons. OSI has done many new and exciting things for the shame dungeon which would be nice to replicate on valor in certain places.

Rather than copying OSI's shame dungeon, we will most likely incorporate different elements both custom and OSI. A lot of research is still required to gather the best of OSI's shame dungeon changes and the best AOV has to offer as well.

No promises on the dungeon end, but what I can say is a list has been compiled on possible additions to add that would be unique and enjoyable for players.
Blackadder wrote: Loot: I have noticed the loot bags for new monsters that you have added are 10x better than the older osi monsters loot bags....
Turkeys and the monsters at the beginning of the halloween event were proof of this...
So can whatever code you used for these monsters be ported into the entire monster range?
It's mostly the same scale of loot just more of it in a loot pack with the possibility of higher intensities. The loot formula doesn't currently allow a significant amount of control over what you can get. That being said, we are always looking for ways to improve loot and rewards, using the tools we currently have at our disposal.
Blackadder wrote: Luck: I am either just an unlucky player or luck is more random than the most random RNG.....
With me it seems the more luck i wear, the poorer the loot becomes.....

No doubt others will add their ideas too.....
Maybe take a poll on what needs to be added/fixed in order.....
Luck only gives a chance at better loot and better odds.

We try the best to incorporate and improve luck on a case by case scenario but in the end, it's not our original formula so it's working with what we have for now.

If it softens the blow a little, luck works pretty wonky and is unpredictable, even on official OSI servers. We will do our best to incorporate luck into formulas whenever possible.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6392, old post ID:37590
Death

Post by Death »

Blackadder wrote:This is not a moan, whinge or gripe thread, i just wondered what changes and additions we can expect to see this year.......
Just finishing up the 2012 posting and some scripts. Want to make sure it's perfect before it's posted :).

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6392, old post ID:37591
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

Red Squirrel wrote:No plans to ever shut down...

</3

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6392, old post ID:37928
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

:P

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6392, old post ID:37929
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6392, old post ID:37937
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.