A ton of Questions

Anything regarding UO or Age of Valor
Blackadder

A ton of Questions

Post by Blackadder »

Hi all, been playing a while now but i have a few questions that i cant find the answer too.....

Vesper museum:
Would someone tell me the stats for the Tribal mocasins and Tyballs Hat

Will the museum accept commodity deeds?
Or do we have to hand the boards/items in 1 at a time?
Not tryed this yet, just weighing up whether it is worth the effort involved in getting the resources....

Taming:
Which animals/monsters are the best for a tamer?
As this server doesnt have greater dragons i wondered what would be the equivilent.....

Demitals:
Tough bunch of critters.....Are they a group thing (no disrespect but because of time zones i find it hard to find anyone to even ask about hunting these...
Can they be soloed and if so which template do you recomend?

Crafting:
When getting the crafting quests (applys to all the crafts) are there any other decent goodies to be had apart from the obvious runic kits and powerscrolls?....

Thanks for your help..... :D

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6372, old post ID:37479
Death

A ton of Questions

Post by Death »

Blackadder wrote:Hi all, been playing a while now but i have a few questions that i cant find the answer too.....

Vesper museum:
Would someone tell me the stats for the Tribal mocasins and Tyballs Hat
Tribal Moccasins are Stamina Regeneration 5 and Strength Bonus 5
Tyball's Hat is Faster Cast Recovery 3, Lower Mana Cost 10%, Mana Increase 8, Spell Damage Increase 15%, Resists: 15/5/15/5/15

http://www.uovalor.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
Blackadder wrote: Will the museum accept commodity deeds?
Or do we have to hand the boards/items in 1 at a time?
Not tryed this yet, just weighing up whether it is worth the effort involved in getting the resources....
The museum and collections have not yet been expanded to accept commodity deeded items. It has been planned along with a pack item count indicator. This will be released sometime in the future once the other collections are put into the game.
Blackadder wrote: Taming:
Which animals/monsters are the best for a tamer?
As this server doesnt have greater dragons i wondered what would be the equivilent.....
There is a lot of variety in pets on AOV and everyone has their own particular taste in pets based on their stats, abilities and resists.

Some of the more popular pets would be heavy types such as ancient wyrms, cu sidhe and reptalons. Jackals are a popular pack pet as they can deal quite a bit of damage in a group.

Tameable ancient wyrms were an attempt at creating a greater dragon type pet, before they were introduced on OSI servers.

That being said, we didn't get the formula right so they bounced back and forth between the wrath of Exodus and a mongbat punch in terms of power.

You can tame one of these for the time being but they will most likely be replaced with greater dragons sometime in the new year, once we have coded them accurately (They are about 70% coded right now. There is no current ETA on their release).
Blackadder wrote: Demitals:
Tough bunch of critters.....Are they a group thing (no disrespect but because of time zones i find it hard to find anyone to even ask about hunting these...
Can they be soloed and if so which template do you recomend?
Demitels were always meant to be a group thing. Their power and item drops were matched by their difficulty. That being said, they can be soloed if enough care is taken. Ranged attacks are the most popular choices to attempt to solo a Demitel boss.

It may take awhile to take down a Demitel boss but because there is no time limit, in theory all Demitel bosses can be taken down solo with moderate difficulty provided you fight strategically and have enough time.
Blackadder wrote: Crafting:
When getting the crafting quests (applys to all the crafts) are there any other decent goodies to be had apart from the obvious runic kits and powerscrolls?....

Thanks for your help..... :D
The standard OSI quest rewards that one would get from bulk order deeds, are also available through these quests. Gargoyle pick axes, ancient smithing hammers, powder of fortification.

There are a few custom AOV items as well, such as recipes and reaper axes (Similar to gargoyle pickaxes).

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6372, old post ID:37480
Blackadder

A ton of Questions

Post by Blackadder »

Many thanks for your time in replying.......
Not sure if i fancy carpal tunnel with the vesper museum lol :D
With the AW will animal lore tell you whether you have a mongbat strength AW or a decent AW?

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6372, old post ID:37481
Death

A ton of Questions

Post by Death »

Blackadder wrote:Many thanks for your time in replying.......
Not sure if i fancy carpal tunnel with the vesper museum lol :D
With the AW will animal lore tell you whether you have a mongbat strength AW or a decent AW?
That's mostly based on individual preference. Your best bet is to tame one, then fight with it and see if it suits you. You can lore the stats and resists to see what's good and what isn't.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6372, old post ID:37482
Blackadder

A ton of Questions

Post by Blackadder »

Death wrote:
That's mostly based on individual preference. Your best bet is to tame one, then fight with it and see if it suits you. You can lore the stats and resists to see what's good and what isn't.
Well i have just tryed to tame some AW and i get the message "that creature cannot be tamed"
?

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6372, old post ID:37483
Death

A ton of Questions

Post by Death »

You'll need to kill the ancient wyrms to get one to pop up which says 'a tameable ancient wyrm'. Destard is the best place to find them

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6372, old post ID:37484
Blackadder

A ton of Questions

Post by Blackadder »

Ahhhh, cheers...i'll get onto that in the morning....
We realy need a database of info....this is the sort of things that will attract new players....

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6372, old post ID:37485
keltrick

A ton of Questions

Post by keltrick »

blackadder 0 i need one of the beasties too so what say you weaken i tame?

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6372, old post ID:37491
trust me, just chill