9/11 tribute

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Red Squirrel

9/11 tribute

Post by Red Squirrel »

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61528
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Shinizo

9/11 tribute

Post by Shinizo »

Today just so happens to be my friend's birthday.

Never forget 9/11

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61530
I have no GREAT FRIENDS or MEMORIES
Reaper

9/11 tribute

Post by Reaper »

I remember that day pretty clearly.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61531
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
flowergirlajg

9/11 tribute

Post by flowergirlajg »

I remember it too. I was like 6 or something, and everybody's mom kept picking up everybody, and the teachers were leaving, and finally my mom came to pick me up... Scary stuff. Nope. We will never forget.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61533
[insert signature here ]
Reaper

9/11 tribute

Post by Reaper »

I was sitting in my 6th grade science class. We were doing some kind of in-class work, and everyone was all quite. I had finished, so I was watching the teacher, who was on the internet. All of a sudden he turned around and turned the TV on to the news. And then we all stopped.
We were also the first in the entire school to see it happen.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61537
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
Red Squirrel

9/11 tribute

Post by Red Squirrel »

I was in 10th grade I believe. They did not want to disclose us too much info as to not delay classes or make people not want to do their work. :/ I could not wait to get home so I can see actually what is going on. Nothing worse then knowing something really bad happened but you can't know what right away. I had heard that a plane crashed into a building and lot of people died, thats about it. Till I got home and saw the extent of it. I was picturing like a small air plane smashing through a couple offices or something, but it was much worse...

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61538
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
flowergirlajg

9/11 tribute

Post by flowergirlajg »

Very touching stories, actually... George W. Bush was IN TOWN that day, and my mom was worried that they might try to bomb the city, so, um, she picked me up and... I can't remember anything after that.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61539
[insert signature here ]
pylfer

9/11 tribute

Post by pylfer »

I remember it quite clearly as well, I was on my way to pick up my brother and sister right after we had just dropped them off at there school I asked my mom what was going on and she said that two very important buildings were destroyed by terrorists. I thought it would be awesome to see that but keep in mind i was a naive third grader.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61558
robonightmare

9/11 tribute

Post by robonightmare »

you know, I really wish that our country would get over it SIX YEARS LATER. Ok, our country was attacked! we blew their country to bits years ago! end of story! more deaths occur in Iraq due to war EVERY DAY than what happened on 9/11! and everybody hates me for thinking that way! build a memorial and get on with life!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61611
This message has been brought to you by the American Stupid Signature Association of America (ASSAA)
Reaper

9/11 tribute

Post by Reaper »

robonightmare wrote: you know, I really wish that our country would get over it SIX YEARS LATER. Ok, our country was attacked! we blew their country to bits years ago! end of story! more deaths occur in Iraq due to war EVERY DAY than what happened on 9/11! and everybody hates me for thinking that way! build a memorial and get on with life!
I'd like for you to tell that to someone who had a loved one die that day. I really would love to see that.

Should Pearl Harbor be written out of history books?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61612
Shinizo

9/11 tribute

Post by Shinizo »

Well it's more of a matter of opinion. I lost interest in 9/11 due to media. I'm not saying I don't feel bad about it happening, but I am pretty heartless on the subject as the media made me stop caring for what happened to our country 6 years ago.

Alot of things happened because of it and people had to suffer even more than I can imagine because of 9/11, and it's probably not right for me to speak against it like I have, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

I'm not saying I'll forget it. I just hope the media will forget it.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61617
Clueless

9/11 tribute

Post by Clueless »

i dont see how remembering it 6 years later on the day it happened is so bad. if something that big happens in a country its gonna keep coming up. its not really about getting over it, we're just remembering the people that died that day. like when we remember the day our country became free on the fourth of july.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61626
"I don't have cat-like reflexes. Cats say they have Alex-like reflexes." - Alex
"I've never seen your ears. Do you even have ears?" - Robbie
"You threw away your friendship salami?!"
"My you're sexy when I'm drunk! And when im sober too!" - Gallagher
flowergirlajg

9/11 tribute

Post by flowergirlajg »

Yeah, on 9/11 of this year i was in my classroom in first period, and we said the pledge of allegiance, and he says "Please remain standing for a moment of silence," as usual, but today the school was completely silent. nobody spoke or made any noise, and nor did anyone talk once it was over.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61633
[insert signature here ]
Shinizo

9/11 tribute

Post by Shinizo »

Never said I didn't stop caring about the people that died. Just don't like the fact how the media is showing it off.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61634
manadren

9/11 tribute

Post by manadren »

Shinizo wrote: Never said I didn't stop caring about the people that died. Just don't like the fact how the media is showing it off.
Yeah, that's true. It's kind of sick how 9/11 has been used and abused by the media and politicians. It's gotten to the point for me where I've practically disassociated the terms 9/11 and September the eleventh from the actual event. When I here 9/11, I don't think tragedy, I think propaganda, I think FUD.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3357, old post ID:61641