A couple things that I'm tired of

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Listerlnx666

Post by Listerlnx666 »

[FONT=Arial]

Hey listen here people, there are a lot of things people do and/or say that really aggravate me. For one thing, people who claim to be "emo" or "punk" or any of these so called labels that these losers have came up with. Just be your damn self. You'll argue back "this is me, this is who I am." No it isn't, it is what you saw someone else do, and thought was cool, or interesting, or somehow compelled you to want to act like them, and you make yourself feel a certain way so you'll fit in with that group. STOP IT, be a flicking person, not some drone following in a label's shadow. When you call somebody a poser because they dress in black and are in a good mood, look in the damn mirror. Maybe they like to be happy, maybe self loathing isn't the hot crap these days. Or perhaps maybe, just maybe, they dress that way because they like those clothes, not because a label requires it to fit in. People who subject their selves to labels are just showing that they are too afraid to make their own decisions. Be a friend to everyone, unless they're dimwits to you, be an dimwit back. But don't ignore a person just because they dress different from you. ALL LABELS ARE POSERS!!

Second.
These people who chose a side of politics are really full of crap. Conservatives are full of crap, liberals are full of crap. Form your own opinions, and not those of the people who are the highest power of that group, or those that are against the other group. ANYONE WHO MAKES UP THEIR MIND BEFORE THEY HEAR THE ISSUE IS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY FULL OF crap!!!

Third.
People who cut themselves. This has given me a lot of mind blocks. I've been trying as hard as I can to come up with a good reason for doing this. There isn't one. If you have pain, talk to someone. This is not the way to get rid of it. You are just doing this because you saw or heard of someone else doing it, and you couldn't figure out why, but something about the way they enjoyed it just made you want to try it and say that you were letting the pain out as well. This is stupid, if you do this, you are being stupid. Give it some thought, don't just ignore everything I type from here, just because I'm against it. Listen to what I have to say...you want people to listen and pay attention to you, that's why you do it, am I right? Or maybe it's because you were neglected. This is not the way to solve your problems. If you don't talk to somebody, you will keep on doing this until it leads in the wrong direction. Remember this, don't hate me for my views.

~Aaron J. Lister

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60208
minime

Post by minime »

and your point is ?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60212
growing old is obligatory, but growing up is optional

22/m/nc born in pa

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.

You'll never find the answer in the bottom of an empty glass. So fill 'er up and keep looking!

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with the a$$hole's he must come in contact with every day."
cash money over everything , money over bitche's

..................................................................................
Listerlnx666

Post by Listerlnx666 »

minime wrote: and your point is ?

My point is my point. Idk I guess part of the reason is to piss people off but that is my true opinion/fact. They suck

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60214
manadren

Post by manadren »

I couldn't read the whole thing. This is what I saw:
rant, rant, rant EMO SUCKS rant, rant, rant

rant, rant, rant POLITICS SUCK rant, rant, rant

rant, rant, rant SELF-MUTILATORS, SUICIDAL PEOPLE SUCK rant, rant, rant
Now I don't disagree with you, It's just kinda hard to read all that angry baseless venting. It doesn't really add anything to any kind of discussion.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60224
Chris Vogel

Post by Chris Vogel »

Listerlnx666 wrote: [FONT=Arial]

Thank goodness those weren’t applied. :P

Anyway, I’m tired of (potential presidential candidate) Fred Thompson. Yes, he lived in Lawrenceburg once, but can we please talk about something else for a while? How often do people in other parts of the country hear about him?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60227
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

yeah, this kind of random venting is more annoying than helpful to anyone.

and most people dont just conform to the liberal or conservative side in politics. they dont all just blindly follow a political leader most of the time. chosing a side in politics doesnt mean you didnt form your own opinions, it means that side shares the same opinions that you have.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60228
"I don't have cat-like reflexes. Cats say they have Alex-like reflexes." - Alex
"I've never seen your ears. Do you even have ears?" - Robbie
"You threw away your friendship salami?!"
"My you're sexy when I'm drunk! And when im sober too!" - Gallagher
Listerlnx666

Post by Listerlnx666 »

Clueless wrote: yeah, this kind of random venting is more annoying than helpful to anyone.

and most people dont just conform to the liberal or conservative side in politics. they dont all just blindly follow a political leader most of the time. chosing a side in politics doesnt mean you didnt form your own opinions, it means that side shares the same opinions that you have.

but they try to go out of there way just to disagree with the other side. Talk to a conservative, they'll say all liberals are wrong no matter what they say. I'm just sayin...listen to someone before you decide they are wrong.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60236
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

how many have you talked to? you know for sure they all say that? i just wanna know what you're basing this rant on. i dont know anyone who's said all liberals are wrong no matter what they say.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60240
"I don't have cat-like reflexes. Cats say they have Alex-like reflexes." - Alex
"I've never seen your ears. Do you even have ears?" - Robbie
"You threw away your friendship salami?!"
"My you're sexy when I'm drunk! And when im sober too!" - Gallagher
Listerlnx666

Post by Listerlnx666 »

Clueless wrote: how many have you talked to? you know for sure they all say that? i just wanna know what you're basing this rant on. i dont know anyone who's said all liberals are wrong no matter what they say.
I've talked to quite a few...and from what they say...no family member of mine will be a liberal. They are actually intent on disowning somebody because they don't agree. And there's also the fact they can't admit they are wrong. If a conservative read this they would probably just see the words "conservative" and "liberal" and stop there, unable to hear anything against them. I'm just saying that these hard core conservatives really need to take another look. I am neither conservative nor liberal, i would place myself in between. I like to listen to people before decide if they're right or wrong. Sometimes I agree with conservatives, sometimes I agree with liberals, but to decide your side and keep telling yourself that that is your opinion while the whole issue is being discussed is just stupid. I just think that people shouldn't agree with a higher official only because they are on the same side of politics, or disagree because they are on the other. I personally don't like George Bush because of some of the decision he has made, but I have agreed with others, I am willing to back him up on the whole Katrina issue. But as for this whole Iraq thing...he needs to know when to quit. Peoples argument against this is that if we just pulled out then they would never get their country together...The US is so damn arragent they think they are the best there is...this country is more messed up than a lot of these other ones. And conservatives just defend Bush because he is a conservative as well. Bottom line, all sides of politics suck equally. Espeacially conservatives, lol.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60247
Stasi

Post by Stasi »

Listerlnx666 wrote: And conservatives just defend Bush because he is a conservative as well. Bottom line, all sides of politics suck equally. Espeacially conservatives, lol.
Ha, a lot of the conservatives I know can't stand Bush because in many ways, he's not conservative (expanding government, huge spending, soft on immigration, etc.).

I am sick to death of people looking at every issue through such narrowly focused lenses.

People need to start thinking for themselves and transcend the ideological left-right conventional way of thinking. Trying to have an intelligent discussion with a hard liberal presents the same difficulties as trying to have on with a hard conservative. Both are closed minded fools who, if given the power to direct policy unchallenged, would devastate our society and culture through their own messianical self-delusions.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60270
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

I'm the same way, I don't agree with lot of the stuff liberals want to do, but also don't agree with stuff conservatives want to do. In case of Canada, harper wanted to do lot of stuff like legalize guns, fully support iraq war operations - I don't mind that Canada is helping, but he wanted to go hardcore at it, but he also wanted to undo stuff the liberals did which I don't agree with, such as same sex marriage.

I ended up voting conservative (usually vote liberal), specially after the liberal scandal. None of the things the conservatives wanted to do actually happened. (thats normally the case with governments :P)

Like the guns thing, we have lot of legal guns here, and people arn't shooting each other as much as in the states, so while legalizing guns can feed crime, people also are a big factor... but I wont start that discussion here :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60284
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Stasi

Post by Stasi »

Red Squirrel wrote: so while legalizing guns can feed crime, people also are a big factor... but I wont start that discussion here :P
I don't know about that. I mean, I think to a point, that increased availability of legal weapons will increase their misuse, but we don't ban cars, alcohol, or a vast number of other things that cause even more death, bodily harm, and other tragedies than guns. Look at the UK. Guns laws are so strict that their own Olympic shooting team can't train on British soil, yet when you read the news about their own crime statistics, gun crime is on the rise and there is quite a debate about giving more police more weapons. Right now, in Britain, it's a great time to be a criminal because you can pretty well break into someone's home with little to no fear of the inhabitant being able to defend themselves decisively. Nevermind the fact that having an armed populace provides a counterweight to any oppressive government that might wish to impose itself on them.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60287
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

well if gun laws are strict to the point where law enforcements have trouble getting them, then yeah thats too much. But here for example, they only legalized guns are non conceilable ones such as moose hunting riffles, so break and enters usually involve melee weapons like a stick or baseball bat, while any weapon can be lethal, theres a chance to defend yourself from those, in most cases. But yeah gun control only decreases crime, it wont stop it, people will find ways to get guns, or other means to kill.

If you want to play GTA IRL, just go to Toronto lol.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60294
robonightmare

Post by robonightmare »

Hey listen here people, there are a lot of things people do and/or say that really aggravate me. For one thing, people who claim to be "emo" or "punk" or any of these so called labels that these losers have came up with. Just be your damn self. You'll argue back "this is me, this is who I am." No it isn't, it is what you saw someone else do, and thought was cool, or interesting, or somehow compelled you to want to act like them, and you make yourself feel a certain way so you'll fit in with that group. STOP IT, be a flicking person, not some drone following in a label's shadow. When you call somebody a poser because they dress in black and are in a good mood, look in the damn mirror. Maybe they like to be happy, maybe self loathing isn't the hot crap these days. Or perhaps maybe, just maybe, they dress that way because they like those clothes, not because a label requires it to fit in. People who subject their selves to labels are just showing that they are too afraid to make their own decisions. Be a friend to everyone, unless they're dimwits to you, be an dimwit back. But don't ignore a person just because they dress different from you. ALL LABELS ARE POSERS!!

Second.
These people who chose a side of politics are really full of crap. Conservatives are full of crap, liberals are full of crap. Form your own opinions, and not those of the people who are the highest power of that group, or those that are against the other group. ANYONE WHO MAKES UP THEIR MIND BEFORE THEY HEAR THE ISSUE IS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY FULL OF crap!!!

Third.
People who cut themselves. This has given me a lot of mind blocks. I've been trying as hard as I can to come up with a good reason for doing this. There isn't one. If you have pain, talk to someone. This is not the way to get rid of it. You are just doing this because you saw or heard of someone else doing it, and you couldn't figure out why, but something about the way they enjoyed it just made you want to try it and say that you were letting the pain out as well. This is stupid, if you do this, you are being stupid. Give it some thought, don't just ignore everything I type from here, just because I'm against it. Listen to what I have to say...you want people to listen and pay attention to you, that's why you do it, am I right? Or maybe it's because you were neglected. This is not the way to solve your problems. If you don't talk to somebody, you will keep on doing this until it leads in the wrong direction. Remember this, don't hate me for my views.

~Aaron J. Lister

you know what makes ME angry? people who take harsh veiws about other people before they've been in their situation. for example, I know a person who cuts themself. they can't stop. it's an addiction. do you have any addictions? do you know what it's like? sometmes you can't talk to anyone. the world isn't that clear-cut. there are varying situations. think about it.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60464
This message has been brought to you by the American Stupid Signature Association of America (ASSAA)
flowergirlajg

Post by flowergirlajg »

wow. I call that a burn.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60938
[insert signature here ]
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're far from them, and you got their shoes.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60942
flowergirlajg

Post by flowergirlajg »

lol. red squirrel can make light of anything. :)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60945
[insert signature here ]
Chyse

Post by Chyse »

For one thing, people who claim to be "emo" or "punk" or any of these so called labels that these losers have came up with. Just be your damn self. You'll argue back "this is me, this is who I am." No it isn't, it is what you saw someone else do, and thought was cool, or interesting, or somehow compelled you to want to act like them, and you make yourself feel a certain way so you'll fit in with that group. STOP IT, be a flicking person, not some drone following in a label's shadow. When you call somebody a poser because they dress in black and are in a good mood, look in the damn mirror. Maybe they like to be happy, maybe self loathing isn't the hot crap these days. Or perhaps maybe, just maybe, they dress that way because they like those clothes, not because a label requires it to fit in. People who subject their selves to labels are just showing that they are too afraid to make their own decisions. Be a friend to everyone, unless they're dimwits to you, be an dimwit back. But don't ignore a person just because they dress different from you. ALL LABELS ARE POSERS!!

Second.

Third.

~Aaron J. Lister

OMFG. you RACIST! I'M A REBEL-CONSERVATIVE CUTTER AND I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS PREJUDICE. I DEMAND SOME FLAP-JACKING RESPECT!!!!
:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

oh, and btw, if you really really feel like making a huge post that nobody cares about just for the sake of doing so, then this is for you:

:williamwallace:

deal with it and stop crying. kkthxbai :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:60964
"Your neighbor was kind enough to let us rip him off and burn his furniture for no reason."-ATHF
"He said no, Err. With his foot." -ATHF
"Please, stop fueling my silent rage." -ATHF
robonightmare

Post by robonightmare »

LAWL.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:61492
This message has been brought to you by the American Stupid Signature Association of America (ASSAA)
Shinizo

Post by Shinizo »

I've known people who cut. They said it's a way to take their mind off things, but they don't seem to do anything about it.

I tried it once a long time ago, I felt kind of stupid. I've done alot of stupid things, and I think being an emotional teenager was the biggest one. And being around other ones who were just telling me what I wanted to hear didn't solve any problems either. It was quite a rollercoaster.

As for politics, I think I'm a republican. I don't care much for politics quite yet, because it doesn't concern some of the things I'm doing. Though I should look a bit in to it later. Might com in handy when I want to vote/do research on who I want to vote for. Also, I don't know if any one here knows of this, but most southerners who're republican do not like democrats because they "give money to the blacks, just what the blacks want". Growing up in Montgomery, Alabama has given me alot of race boundary situations. It somehow works it's way into politics.

How people are is just how people are.

We don't want to be forgotten.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:61505
I have no GREAT FRIENDS or MEMORIES
Chyse

Post by Chyse »

Shinizo wrote:
I've done alot of stupid things, and I think being an emotional teenager was the biggest one. And being around other ones who were just telling me what I wanted to hear didn't solve any problems either. It was quite a rollercoaster.

*sigh* teenage years suck.
I want LESS hormones...

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:61519
"Your neighbor was kind enough to let us rip him off and burn his furniture for no reason."-ATHF
flowergirlajg

Post by flowergirlajg »

ya rly

8th grade sux, i want to go to high school. oh well, I guess I have to w8.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:61762
[insert signature here ]
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

I hated grade 7/8. Grade 7 you get teased by the grade 8ths, grade 8 you have to work your butt off to be "cool" or you get dissed, and in some schools, beat up. Then grade 9-12 is more easy going. In fact, in highschool doing drugs, smoking etc is NOT cool.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:61767
Chyse

Post by Chyse »

Red Squirrel wrote: In fact, in highschool doing drugs, smoking etc is NOT cool.
not at my old public school >.<

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:61769
pylfer

Post by pylfer »

Second.

Third.

~Aaron J. Lister

SO your saying that thinking something is cool isn't being yourself. Your argument makes no sense at all and you are totally stereotyping. I know I don't seem so smart but when it comes to people who bash other people who thing something is "cool" and want to express themselves it really grinds my gears. You are pathetic and just because you think something is stupid doesn't mean everyone else should.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3309, old post ID:61770