Arcane circle...

This is where you can make suggestions or report bugs that you've found
Ixxie

Arcane circle...

Post by Ixxie »

...is stupid. Every time i want to play my mage i log in 4 other accounts just to buff her. It's doable, it's just kind of a PITA. And we all do it because there aren't typically 5 individuals logged in at a time, and even fewer people i'm willing to stand that close to :? So if i'm already buffing myself anyway, can we just eliminate the need to log in 5 accounts for this :(

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6584, old post ID:38459
Daelan

Arcane circle...

Post by Daelan »

Better watch self buffing stop when you have to wear glasses, I hear it can cause hairy palms and even blidness

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6584, old post ID:38460
Not Everday Will Someone Make You Happy
BUT
Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off
Death

Arcane circle...

Post by Death »

Would you be in favor of having arcane level also be affected by your skill in focus? 20 focus would boost the level of your arcane focus by 1 when on the arcane circle

So when cast, it would take the greater of your skill in focus or the amount of people on the arcane circle.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6584, old post ID:38461
Ixxie

Arcane circle...

Post by Ixxie »

i'm on board, but that sounds like a lot more work for you...

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6584, old post ID:38462
Death

Arcane circle...

Post by Death »

Ixxie wrote:i'm on board, but that sounds like a lot more work for you...
It's not a lot of work to implement that into the arcane circle spell.

In the meantime, I believe you can hire spellweaver npcs and bring them to an arcane circle to help boost your level.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6584, old post ID:38463
Ixxie

Arcane circle...

Post by Ixxie »

Also, i'd prefer med over focus, JUST because i already have 110 ;)

...actually i prefer med for the regen. When activated, you get almost double your mana return when you med vs passive focus. And i spam wildfire, so i PLOW through mana. Focus is nice but with GM med OR focus, 100 intel, and no MR you get 0.95 mps with (activated) med vs 1.3 mps with focus is kind of an obvious choice. Even passive med is still a 1.2 mps return.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6584, old post ID:38464
ggkthx

Arcane circle...

Post by ggkthx »

Might as well use your skill in Camping. I'd laugh at anyone who wasted 100+ points in Focus on a mage.
Not saying it doesn't do anything before anyone tries to counter with but it increases mana regen...
But as it's so much worse than anything you'd be giving up to do it, it remains more of a detriment than a boon.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6584, old post ID:38466
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
Death

Arcane circle...

Post by Death »

ggkthx wrote:Might as well use your skill in Camping. I'd laugh at anyone who wasted 100+ points in Focus on a mage.
Not saying it doesn't do anything before anyone tries to counter with but it increases mana regen...
But as it's so much worse than anything you'd be giving up to do it, it remains more of a detriment than a boon.
That is certainly true for the current state of aov but focus is about to see a major comback as it is the power source behind the mysticism class of magic (a popular spell class from stygian abyss).

While providing some boost to regen, it also powers up mysticism (imbuing also works but isnt as favorable). Because spellweaving uses an arcane focus....that's mostly the reasoning behind using focus skill.

Tl;dr version:

Focus is a potentially viable solution because:
- quick to gain and provide a regen bonus
- will already be used as a spell class pairing for mysticism

This is just an example. I agree that it makes sense to change up spellweaving and this is just one potential solution but we're open to any other ideas.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6584, old post ID:38469