Life

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Shinizo

Life

Post by Shinizo »

Hello, peoples. As you barely come in and check on this site anymore, I'd like to know what everyone's up to now-a-days.

Currently, I am still living at home, but managing a franchised store here in the city. I'm one of the two managers there currently, and that usually consists of most of my time. I am also still going to college and I am currently in my senior year. I hope to get a masters eventually from a different university, since mine does not offer a master's degree in Business Administration.

On a side note, I think that maybe we should advertise and get this site going again. I'd really like to have something to do that isn't a hustle and bustle thing, but actually have people on here and whatnot like it used to be a few years ago. I'll pop in for the next few days and see how things go, and if advertising is an OK thing to do.

So---What are you guys up to? :)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70001
I have no GREAT FRIENDS or MEMORIES
Bookworm

Life

Post by Bookworm »

I just turned 50 last month, and I've been delivering mail for 27 years now. I am in my second year of teaching a 4th and 5th grade Sunday School class, and I have just started helping with my church's AWANA ministry on Wednesday nights. My three oldest kids have graduated from high school already, and my 2 youngest are in 10th and 12th grade.

What kind of advertising are you thinking of doing? Before you advertise, you should think of starting a thread in every section of the forum so that the place at least looks like it is active.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70002
Red Squirrel

Life

Post by Red Squirrel »

Wow did not know AWANA was that big, we had it here too. I was in it as a kid. Wow, that brings back memories. The floor in the basement still has the line markings for the 4 team colors though I'm not sure if that's still used. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure if we still have AWANA, have not heard anything about it in a while. Was some fun times there.

As for my life, I've been working for around 5 years now. I have my own house, been living in it for 2ish years as of September. Life is great. Money is tight, of course I would always want more, but I'm managing, and I have to say I have it pretty good. Only thing I find time is going by WAY too fast. It's at a point where I almost feel like death is coming closer, it's messed up. I wish time could slow down just a tad. I need to stop sitting on my butt and do something with my life. I don't want to be working for "the man" all my life, I want to do better than that.

But yeah, all in all, life is pretty good right now.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70003
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Bookworm

Life

Post by Bookworm »

Red Squirrel wrote: It's at a point where I almost feel like death is coming closer,
Red, do we need to come up and visit you? I fear for your safety. :D
I didn't know your life was that boring. :blink:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70004
Red Squirrel

Life

Post by Red Squirrel »

Nah, not boring. I just find it scary how fast it's going. It is true what they say, life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer to the end you get, the faster it goes. :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70007
flowergirlajg

Life

Post by flowergirlajg »

I'm a sophomore in high school now, doing well, playing cello and whatnot.
Dating once more after crazy ginger incident.

I'm angsty, you guys! :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70008
[insert signature here ]
Bookworm

Life

Post by Bookworm »

flowergirlajg wrote: Dating once more after crazy ginger incident.
What happened?

It sounds like a Gilligan's Island episode.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70009
Cisco_Kid

Life

Post by Cisco_Kid »

flowergirlajg wrote: I'm a sophomore in high school now, doing well, playing cello and whatnot.
Dating once more after crazy ginger incident.

I'm angsty, you guys! :D
I think my parents bought that 286 IBM PS/2 when I was a sophmore in high school. It was a bit dated at time of purchase as the 386 16 mhz units were top of the line if memory serves.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70010
Started talking to yourself I see.
Yes, it was the only way I could be sure of an intelligent conversation

Blackadder
Bookworm

Life

Post by Bookworm »

Shinizo wrote: On a side note, I think that maybe we should advertise and get this site going again.
If you do advertise, you would have to talk to Red about reinstating the ability of new members to register. Right now, new registrations are blocked.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70011
flowergirlajg

Life

Post by flowergirlajg »

Bookworm wrote:
flowergirlajg wrote: Dating once more after crazy ginger incident.
What happened?

It sounds like a Gilligan's Island episode.

Esentially, it was. He was a kid I dated for two years, he cheated on me with my best friend after I moved. (I expected it to end, we were 500 miles away, but it was an especial clusterfuck of a breakup.) He and my best friend are still dating and neither of them have spoken to me since.
But now I have Skyrim, the internet and an Italian to keep me company, so things are looking up ;D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70012
[insert signature here ]
ycontrol

Life

Post by ycontrol »

I am the General Manager of a privately owned hotel and restaurant, been with them for 9 years now and I am currently 29. I have a house that I bought approximately 4 years ago along a river that I canoe and fly fish when the weather allows. It's about 5 houses up the river from were I grew up. I do also find life is moving extremely fast the older I get. I don't mind that, it just makes me more sentimental. I have a girlfriend and two cats. I play guitar, sing and write original music but rarely play shows anymore. I did when I was younger but kinda fell away from it. You can listen to some of my tunes at the link in my sig below, some of you probably already have. My girlfriend and I are so indecisive about children that we'll probably never have any. I'm good either way.

Red, did you marry? Are you seeing/living with anyone?

Edit:
I like to play video games, mainly MMORPG's or RPG's in general. If anyone has any to recommend, please do.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70014
"Never be game over"
Red Squirrel

Life

Post by Red Squirrel »

Nah I'm still single, and loving it. Eventually I want to maybe get a GF, marry and all that, but I still feel like I don't want to jump on that right away. I still have lot of hobby projects and stuff I like to work on, which I'll have to stop more or less once I get into the relationship thing. Not ready for that yet.

I did recently start a new job working for our NOC. I'm still being trained, there's a lot to know! It's quite interesting so far. I'm starting to understand the different equipment of the central office and how everything interconnects, and it's pretty neat.

Oh and one of my projects does happen to be running an Ultima Online MMO server: http://www.uovalor.com.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70020
ycontrol

Life

Post by ycontrol »

Red I noticed this message on both your Age of Valor site and here. What is it?
Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CST/-6.0/no DST' instead in /home/iceteks/public_html/uovalor/index.php on line 138
Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70021
"Never be game over"
Shinizo

Life

Post by Shinizo »

And here I am popping back in two years later. Boy how times fly!

Let's see... As of right now, I am a retail banker at Woodforest National Bank, so I essentially do everything (open accounts, teller line, IRAs, CDs, loans, etc etc). Every plan I've had to move out has crumbled before me, as the people I know/want to move out with are very flakey... so it is probably for the better. I graduated college with a degree in Business Administration, but have not started my graduate program yet. That's in the making... I just haven't decided what to do yet. Working and sleeping consume most of my hours in the day.

My dad passed away in August of 2012. The first day. He had stage 4 colon cancer, which was diagnosed in 2009. They gave him 6 months to live, but my dad wanted to see my brother and I graduate college. He did. The last thing he said to me was that he loved me. I was not very close to him, and sometimes I think his death still hasn't sunk in yet. It seems to be on my mind a lot, even though it has been almost a year.

I've been in a serious relationship for awhile now where marriage is more than likely going to happen. Aw, I'm growing up. Trying to think of what else has happened the past two years.... I can think of small, minor detailed stuff, but it is not very interesting.

How has everyone else been? (I'll see it in two more years!)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70133
Red Squirrel

Life

Post by Red Squirrel »

Wow sorry to hear about your dad. :( Seems like a young age to have to go through that.

As for moving out, don't rush it, make sure you can afford to live without depending on anyone first. Personally I've never been a fan of the whole room mate thing. It's much more fun to have the house to yourself and much more secure as you're not depending on someone.

For me, not much has happened, I'm also still at the NOC and loving it. I actually know what I'm doing now. :P When I first started I felt so lost. haha. I've also been working on finishing my basement. Some pics here: http://gal.redsquirrel.me/?level=album&id=35

And holy crap, a post!!! lol

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70134
Red Squirrel

Life

Post by Red Squirrel »

ycontrol wrote: Red I noticed this message on both your Age of Valor site and here. What is it?
Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CST/-6.0/no DST' instead in /home/iceteks/public_html/uovalor/index.php on line 138
I can't recall, but think I did end up fixing that at one point. :D Gotta love PHP for randomly deciding to impose a requirement and it breaks all old code.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70135
Clueless

Life

Post by Clueless »

Well I've been married for 2 years now on June 25th. We have a house near the lake in a cute little town. No kids yet, but right now I'm just enjoying being an aunt haha. We do have two adorable cats who act like kids sometimes. I'll have to post a picture cause the one cat is the biggest cat I've ever seen. He's more like a mini wild cat. I've just been doing massage therapy stuff on my own out of my house, and my husband is a machinist. Nothing all that exciting going on with us. I'll let you know when things get interesting lol.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70136
"I don't have cat-like reflexes. Cats say they have Alex-like reflexes." - Alex
"I've never seen your ears. Do you even have ears?" - Robbie
"You threw away your friendship salami?!"
"My you're sexy when I'm drunk! And when im sober too!" - Gallagher
Shinizo

Life

Post by Shinizo »

@Red I had been following your progress on Facebook! You randomly added me one day, Red. So I get to see your updates and stuff on what'cha been doing... hmm I feel a bit stalkerish now. Heh.

It's all good though. I thought about flying solo, but the requirements without cosigners (as far as renting a place) is so outrageous, that it's just not worth it to go it alone. But that's just another bridge to cross later.

@Clueless Married life everything you thought it would be?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70141
Clueless

Life

Post by Clueless »

Married life is great! It's like a constant sleep over with your best friend lol. The only problem is I keep having some chronic health problems so it's been stressful sometimes. I'm not able to work as much as I want to, or need to so I can pay off college loans. Luckily my husband has a really good job so we're not having major money problems, but it does make me feel guilty sometimes for not being able to contribute to my own debt more. But I'm blessed with a very sweet husband who loves me anyway! And his family is great. My 4 year old niece is just the cutest girl ever, and she says I'm her favorite aunt. Who doesn't love to hear that? Haha

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70145
Bookworm

Life

Post by Bookworm »

Shinizo wrote: @Red I had been following your progress on Facebook! You randomly added me one day, Red. So I get to see your updates and stuff on what'cha been doing... hmm I feel a bit stalkerish now. Heh.
You're SUPPOSED to feel stalkerish on Facebook. That's what it's for. I also have Red added, so I've seen his updates as well. Now I just have to go "like" all his individual pictures and maybe even write "wow" on the comment box so he gets a whole bunch of notifications.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70146
Bookworm

Life

Post by Bookworm »

Clueless wrote: My 4 year old niece is just the cutest girl ever, and she says I'm her favorite aunt. Who doesn't love to hear that? Haha
And she is probably smart enough to be telling that to all of her aunts. :)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70147
Clueless

Life

Post by Clueless »

Bookworm wrote:
Clueless wrote: My 4 year old niece is just the cutest girl ever, and she says I'm her favorite aunt. Who doesn't love to hear that? Haha
And she is probably smart enough to be telling that to all of her aunts. :)
But she didn't say it to me directly! She randomly told her mom that one day, and her mom told me. But maybe she's just extra clever and is using her mom to get the word around <_<

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70151
Red Squirrel

Life

Post by Red Squirrel »

Bookworm wrote:
Shinizo wrote: @Red I had been following your progress on Facebook! You randomly added me one day, Red. So I get to see your updates and stuff on what'cha been doing... hmm I feel a bit stalkerish now. Heh.
You're SUPPOSED to feel stalkerish on Facebook. That's what it's for. I also have Red added, so I've seen his updates as well. Now I just have to go "like" all his individual pictures and maybe even write "wow" on the comment box so he gets a whole bunch of notifications.
Haha yeah I pretty much post stuff on there assuming it's seen by everyone since if it's not, it probably could/will be at some point. People sometimes post some of the craziest stuff on there. lol

I hope the NSA does not find anything that's not up to code with my basement and notify the Mike Holmes police force. :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70153
Red Squirrel

Life

Post by Red Squirrel »

Clueless wrote: Married life is great! It's like a constant sleep over with your best friend lol. The only problem is I keep having some chronic health problems so it's been stressful sometimes. I'm not able to work as much as I want to, or need to so I can pay off college loans. Luckily my husband has a really good job so we're not having major money problems, but it does make me feel guilty sometimes for not being able to contribute to my own debt more. But I'm blessed with a very sweet husband who loves me anyway! And his family is great. My 4 year old niece is just the cutest girl ever, and she says I'm her favorite aunt. Who doesn't love to hear that? Haha
Congrats about getting married, if I did not already say so, and sounds like your enjoying things, that's good.

I'm still single, but I actually like it that way TBH. Maybe later on I'll change my mind.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70154
Shinizo

Life

Post by Shinizo »

Single and ready to mingle if my schedule permits me to! - Red

:)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4022, old post ID:70186